Apply for a Grant!
All grants awarded through Luke’s Legacy Foundation are presented in March of each year. To qualify, application must be received by January 31 of the same year. Those qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations receiving grant money will be notified by February 25 of the same year. The amount of money available for grants will correlate with the amount of money raised through donations to Luke’s Legacy Foundation, administered by Desert Community Foundation, a public tax-exempt charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In order to qualify, you must:
- be a nonprofit organization with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- be an organization located within California, with a preference given to those nonprofits located in Coachella Valley.
- be a viable rescue operation for at least three years.
- have an annual budget of $1 million or less.
- include a copy of your IRS 501(c)(3) determination document.
- complete the following questionnaire and return by January 31.